We have created this privacy statement to detail what information we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it. This policy applies to all One Planet Hosting brands, websites, apps, products, services or technologies (we will collectively refer to these as “Services”).
One Planet Accounts
At an Account Level, we collect and use information necessary to enable you to purchase and manage Services, provide you with support for those Services and to curate your experience with us. Some information is collected and used based on contractual consent and other is based on informed consent, which may be changed at any time.
- Basic Account Information. Our site uses forms in which you give us contact information (such as your name, address, phone number, fax number, billing information, IP address and email address) so you can create an account, place orders, register domains, request information, and request support help. As you use your account, we may also collect support requests and other related types of information that is specific to the management of your account and Services with us.Legal Requirement. This type of information is legally and/or contractually required to be able to purchase and use Services. For example, we are required to be able to verify this type of information upon request by our payment processor. It is also required to be able to serve legal notices to you and is mandated by certain Services we offer. In addition, some Services, such as domains, require this information for you to purchase them. If you are purchasing a domain from us, we are required by law to collect and retain this information. We are further required to verify that the information provided is accurate and serve legally required notices regarding your domain(s). Consent for the collection, use and retention of this information for these purposes is considered to be contractually given for the duration of your use of such Service and any legally required retention period.
- How We Use This Information. As noted above, we use emails to communicate with you, to confirm your placed orders, to send information that you have requested and to serve legally or contractually required communications. Legally required emails cover ICANN mandated verification emails, renewal notices and any other policy or procedure created by ICANN which governs the purchase of domains. Additionally, we may be required by law to serve notices to you such as DMCA Takedown Notices, UDRP notices, etc. Or, we may deem a change to one of our policies to be material and, therefore, determine a duty (though not a legal requirement) to inform you of this change. These types of communications do not fall under any of our opt-out procedures.Sending Emails: Service Communications & Promotional Communications. We also may use this information when it is important for us to contact you regarding functionality changes to Services you have purchased and/or our website and provide customer service (“Service Communications”.) By creating an account with us and/or purchasing our Services, you agree to receive these types of communication and acknowledge that they are not optional. We also use this information to share details about new services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable (“Promotional Communications”.) You are able to opt-out of receiving Promotional Communications (or opt-into, depending on your country of residence) through preferences in your account panel or the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email communication.Legally Required Disclosure. We will never share your information without your permission or in ways other than as outlined in this policy. The only exceptions to this are when we are required by law, in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to comply with the law, or when we must comply with a legal process. Examples of these types of exceptions are court orders, subpoenas, and UDRP/URS processes. In each of these situations, we will carefully review the documentation provided and only comply if such documentation meets requisite legal standards.
Changes in Our Practices. If we change our information-handling practices or other privacy aspects, we will post those changes on this privacy statement. If we make any material changes we will notify you by means of a notice on this site prior to the change becoming effective, and we may also try to notify you through email of the privacy changes, if necessary.
- Retention & Deletion of Account Information. Personal Information Following Termination of Account. When your One Planet Hosting account is cancelled (either voluntarily or involuntarily) all of your personally identifiable information is placed in “deactivated” status within our corresponding databases. However, you should know that deactivation of your account does not mean your personally identifiable information has been deleted from our database entirely. We will retain and use your personally identifiable information, if necessary, in order to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and/or as required by laws or regulations. Thus, it may not be immediately deleted upon request and is an approved exception to GDPR deletion rights. By creating an account with us, using our support services and/or purchasing Services, you acknowledge and agree to these terms of retention.
Information Collection: Site Usage
- Device Information. We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), such as IP address, cookie information, so that we may recognize your devices to provide you with legal notices (if required by your country of residence), support services (when you contact our support staff) and personalized experiences on our site and emails. Certain types of collection and use may be optional and controlled via our cookie tools.
- Information from Others. We are dedicated to continually improving your experience on our website. Like many companies, we use third-parties to help us track browsing, identify technical issues and provide ways to enhance your overall experience. Several of the tools that we use and what they do are:
- Log Files: We use information gathered about you from our site statistics via log files provided by third-party tracking partners (for example, your IP address) to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing and purchasing experiences more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Testimonials: We post customer testimonials on our website which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email, prior to posting the testimonial, to post their name along with their testimonial. If you would like to request the removal of your testimonial from the site contact us.
- Public Blog: Our website offers a publicly accessible blog. You should be aware that any information you provide in this area may be read, collected and used by others who access it. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information. If this occurs, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Third-Party Product Offerings & Websites: Our site also contains links to other third-party websites, especially where we offer their products or services. One Planet Hosting is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
How We Share This Information
- With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of One Planet Hosting when we have your consent. This includes third party providers who offer products or services through our marketplace. These providers will each have their own privacy policies and will be identified in our Details for Specific Products and Services section.
- Within One Planet Hosting. Information may also be shared within One Planet Hosting to provide support and delivery of Services you purchase.
- With Partners. We may share your information with non-affiliated companies who are:
- Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (including demographic information) with partners, such as measurement analytics, apps, or other companies. We do not, however, share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information such as name or email address.) When you use third-party apps, websites or other products integrated with our Services, they may collect information about your activities subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of our Terms of Service; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of One Planet hosting, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law. This may include responding to lawful governmental requests.
Residents of GDPR Governed Countries
If you are a resident of a GDPR governed country, more information regarding your GDPR rights may be found here.
Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use 128-bit SSL security to encrypt any transmissions when you provide credit card information, personal data, etc. No method of electronic storage or transmission over the internet is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Services are for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under age 18 without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law.
Data Processing and Transfers
Other Important Information
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions or wish to make a complaint, please contact us online here or by post at 1916 Pike Place, Suite 12 #67, Seattle, WA 98101