The following Refund Policy explains when you can request a refund with respect to products and services acquired from One Planet Hosting or through us from our partners and/or affiliates (collectively “Services”).
General terms apply to all refund eligible Services. In addition, there may be special term(s) that apply to a specific product and/or service and those are outlined below.
- In no event is the same Service eligible for more than one refund.
- Service(s) must be cancelled before we can issue a refund.
- No refund will be made if your Service(s) are suspended or terminated for cause.
- If purchased Service(s) include free domain name registration as part of a promotion or sale of the Service(s), and you cancel the purchased Service(s), the standard price for the domain name will be deducted from the refund amount. If the refund amount is less than the standard price for the domain, you must either elect to pay the difference or forfeit the domain, in which case, ownership of the domain will revert back to One Planet Hosting.
- All refunds are processed in U.S. dollars: you, the customer, bear sole responsibility for any fluctuations in the exchange rate(s) between the time of payment and the time of refund.
- Unless you request otherwise, refunds will be credited to your One Planet Hosting account balance. Purchases made using One Planet Hosting account funds can only be refunded as account credit. Purchases made by credit card or PayPal may be refundable to the source of payment. One Planet Hosting is not responsible for any additional charges imposed by your credit card company or PayPal in the case of refund.
- Any processing fee(s) will be deducted from a refund.
Additional refund requirements may apply based on specific terms and conditions notified to you when purchasing any Service(s).
Domain Name Registration
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for domain name registrations and related domain name Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term.
- New domain name registrations may be refundable, at the sole discretion of One Planet Hosting, if you, the registrant, cancel the domain name registration for a valid reason and the cancellation is processed within 3 days (72 hours) after registration. Please note that, in some cases, cancellation and refund are not available for new domain registrations due to restrictions imposed by the applicable registry or registry operating company.
- No refunds are available for fees paid for After Market Domain Names unless your After Market Domain Name registration is rejected or cancelled by One Planet Hosting, the registry or the third party seller.
- No refunds are available for fees paid for Premium Domain(s).
- No refunds are available for fees paid for any of the following:
- Additional fees paid for Pre-Orders, Sunrise or Landrush periods or participation in an Early Access Program; or
- Fees paid for related Service(s) such as a PremiumDNS service for the domain in question.
- In the case of an unsuccessful attempt to transfer a domain name to One Planet Hosting, we will automatically refund any fees paid as an account credit.
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for Web Hosting and related Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your Web Hosting Service(s) are suspended or terminated prior to the end of your then current contract term.
- Package fees for Shared Hosting may be refundable, at the sole discretion of One Planet Hosting, if you, the account holder, cancel within thirty (30) days after purchase. Only first-time Shared Hosting accounts are eligible for the 30-day money-back guarantee.
- No refunds are available for the following:
- Any additional features, services or upgrades added to your Web Hosting package and purchased at additional fee;
- Any fees related to domain name registrations associated with your Web Hosting package;
- Any renewals of Web Hosting and related Service(s).
Private Email Hosting
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for private email hosting and related Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your private email hosting Service(s) are suspended or terminated prior to the end of your then current contract term.
- If you purchase Private Email Hosting Services for a domain name not registered with One Planet Hosting, you must confirm your ownership of the associated domain name. If you fail to provide satisfactory proof of ownership (or domain access rights) within forty-eight (48) hours from purchase, the purchased Service(s) will be cancelled and any fees paid will be automatically refunded as an account credit.
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for SSL Certificates are non-refundable, in whole or in part.
- If a refund is available, fees for SSL Certificates will be refunded in the form of an account credit.
- In order to qualify for a refund you must do one of the following within ninety (90) days after purchase: that is, you must 1) obtain issuance and thereafter make a written request for a refund within fifteen (15) days of that date; 2) attempt at issuance and be unsuccessful, in which case the refund will be credited to your account automatically; or 3) make no attempt at issuance but make a written refund request to One Planet Hosting.
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for PremiumDNS and related Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your PremiumDNS Service(s) are suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current contract term.
- Fees for the Services may be refundable, at the sole discretion of One Planet Hosting, if you cancel the Services within five (5) days after purchase.
- In most cases, Apps purchased or renewed through our Apps Marketplace may be refundable, at the sole discretion of One Planet Hosting, if you request cancellation and refund within twenty-four (24) hours after purchase/renewal.
- No refunds are available for Apps which provide an immediate, one-time service and/or incur fees directly related to the product provided: such as, but not limited to, One Planet Hosting Legal.
- If you purchase an App that provides for a trial period, you must cancel within the trial period to be eligible for any available refunds. That is, if you participate in a free trial period and thereafter continue to access or use the App after the trial period has passed, no refund is available.
All other Services are non-refundable, including but not limited to:
- Transfers or renewals of domain name registrations;
- Fees for recovery or reactivation of domain names;
- Dedicated IP Addresses;
- Any Services purchased or acquired at a reduced fee or on promotion; or
- Any fees paid by you to One Planet Hosting for providing non-service related support.
If you think you are eligible for a refund, you can submit a support ticket here. You must include the following information in your request:
- Why you are asking for a refund;
- Transaction identifying information (e.g. account username, transaction number, domain name, date of purchase); and
- Any additional information the Customer Service team asks for in order to process your refund request.
If you have questions about our Refund Policy, you can contact One Planet Hosting online through our Contact Page.
You may also contact us by post at:
One Planet Hosting
1916 Pike Place, Suite 12 #67
Seattle, WA 98101